Definitions and Interpretation
Client: The party requesting Tuition.
Lesson: A period of time during which the Tutor promises to engage in Tuition for the Client, for which the Client promises to pay the Tutor.
Tuition: Any service supplied by a Tutor which has been requested by the Client.
Tuition Fee: Amount charged for Tuition during a lesson.
Tutor: The party offering Tuition for which payment is expected in return.
If you, the Client, request Tuition with Matthew McChlery then you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions stated below:
A. Lesson Cancellation
1. If the Client cancels an arranged Lesson less than 24 hours before the Lesson is due to begin, for a reason other than an accident or an emergency, then the Client shall be obliged to pay a cancellation fee amounting to half of that cancelled Lesson’s fee unless a mutual alternative agreement has been made between the Client and the Tutor.
2. If the Tutor cancels an arranged Lesson less than 24 hours before the Lesson is due to begin, for a reason other than an accident or an emergency, then the Client is entitled to ask that a subsequent Lesson, up to the same duration, be offered by the Tutor at half of the agreed Lesson Fee unless a mutual alternative agreement has been made between the Client and the Tutor.
1. The Client shall pay the Lesson Fee directly to the Tutor.
2. The Client will pay the Tutor the Lesson Fee for said Lesson during said Lesson unless a mutual alternative agreement has been made between the Client and the Tutor.
3. Upon receiving payment the Tutor will issue the Client a receipt.
4. If the Client does not pay an amount due before 14 days after the said Lesson then Matthew McChlery reserves the right to charge a late payment fee of up to £10 for each letter that is sent to the Client with regard to the amount owed. Such letters will be sent no more often than once each calendar month. Matthew McChlery also reserves the right to charge interest on any overdue amount at 8% above base rate.
5. In the case of a lesson fee dispute, the hourly lesson fee, confirmed when the tutor’s details were sent to the client, will be used.
C. Duration of Tuition
1. It is expected that tuition will happen on a weekly basis unless an alternative arrangement has been reached between the Client and the Tutor.
2. A 14 day cooling off period will begin starting from the date of the first lesson after which it is expected that the Client will continue with the tuition for a minimum of 3 months, calculated from the date of the first lesson.
3. Upon termination of this contract, one month’s notice is required from the Client to inform the Tutor that their tutoring services are no longer required.